Killing the munchies with the healthiest crisps (or chips in America) you can indulge in, homemade Kale Chips. A lot of the times when I tell people about this, they pull this odd confused face.
In reality it tastes REALLY good and curbs the cravings… somewhat.
What You Need:
- A bag of kale (or a bunch)
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt, etc. (optional)
- Olive oil
What You Do:
- Wash the kale in advance. The kale needs to be completely dry for the oven otherwise it won’t get nice and crispy. Rinse and dry a couple hours before. I REPEAT, THE KALE NEEDS TO BE COMPLETELY DRY.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 350F/ 175C
- Put your washed, but dry kale in a large bowl
- Sprinkle olive oil and your chosen seasonings all over the kale and shake the kale to evenly spread the oil
- Get a baking sheet and cover it in tin foil, and smother olive oil all over the tin foil
- Put the kale in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Check the kale 8 minutes in and move them around so they evenly bake
- Et Voila, crunchy, healthy homemade kale chips.
Don’t be disheartened if it comes out a little too crispy or burnt. That can happen first time round, just keep trying.
Tip: if some of the kale chips are still soft (not really crispy) put them back in the oven, but take out the pieces that are crispy. I usually repeat this method until they are all crispy.